AUTUMN OPEN WEEKEND 2018: 10 THINGS YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS
As the two-week countdown to our Autumn Open Weekend begins, we’re busy making the final preparations for your arrival on the 13th & 14th October. It won’t be long now until our beautiful Teepees and stunning Sperry Tents are in position at Escrick Park.
Over the last 12 years, we’ve had the privilege of working with some wonderful people on fabulous events and as the 2019 Wedding and Event season approaches we’re keen to share some pearls of wisdom and tricks of the trade with you. As if that weren’t enough of a reason to join us, here are 10 reasons why coming to the PapaKåta Autumn Open Weekend on the 13th & 14th October is a great idea…
1. Working in partnership with Wedding & Event Planner Lucy Wright, we’ll be showcasing our ‘Touch of Tuscany’ colour and design scheme. Helping to inspire and excite you for your own event with beautiful florals and timeless tablescapes. We’ve been lucky enough to work with Lucy on a number of our Teepee and Sperry Tent Weddings and we’re always delighted with the results of a Lucy Wright event! With Lucy you know you’re in safe hands, from her Little Black Book of suppliers, attention to detail and personable can-do-attitude Lucy is your wedding and event planning guardian angel!
View Natalie and Henry’s full Sperry Tent Wedding Gallery HERE
2. As trends and styles evolve, so too do our carefully selected Finishing Touches Every Open Weekend we showcase new bespoke items to accompany our existing edit of luxury furnishings. The Open Weekend is the perfect opportunity to see first-hand our finishing touches, those items that will help you to create your dream wedding and event looks. As well as helping you to envisage your day, you will be able to play around with ideas, try out our seating options and create your bespoke floorplan – tape measures at the ready!
View Georgia and Isaac’s full Sperry Tent and Teepee Wedding Gallery HERE
3. The Autumn Open Weekend’s ‘Touch of Tuscany’ styling will be brought to life with beautiful awe-inspiring florals by the very creative and talented Red Floral Architecture. You can expect bright, bold and beautiful not to be missed florals cascading from our floral hoops and beams. Using pops of jewel-like teal and a spectrum of blush, coral and fuchsia, the look will be elegant and timeless. Added sparkle will be provided by classic taper candles and PapaKåta favourites -fairy and festoon lights.
View Kate and James’s full Teepee Wedding Gallery HERE
4. Imagine spending your Saturday and Sunday under the canopy of a Sperry Tent or giant Teepee, sampling delicious food and drink whilst one of the UK’s best female Saxophone players, Ellie Sax, performs live over chilled out tunes provided by DJ Switch Entertainment? We are so so lucky to have Ellie playing at our Autumn Open Weekend. With a global tour that includes Ibiza, the Cote D’Azur and the Maldives, this really is the most amazing opportunity to hear Ellie play live, and right here at the PapaKåta Open Weekend in York! So if an end of season trip to Ibiza to see Ellie perform at Nikki beach is out of the question, why not join us on the 13th & 14th October and we’ll bring the party to you?!
5. If you’re undecided on your wedding breakfast, or can’t choose the perfect party menu, event catering specialists Baba Ganoush will be creating a feast that’s as satisfying for your eyes as it is your tummies, with a tempting taste of Tuscany! meanwhile, master of mixology The Yorkshire Bartender will be bringing fresh ideas and delicious cocktail concoctions to the weekend’s events.
6. Where the Ribbon Ends know how to keep your guests happy, with cakes that look as good as they taste! If you’re looking for delicious drip cakes, or a desert grazing table – so you don’t even have to choose between cakes, join us at the Open Weekend and see and taste a whole array of Where the Ribbon Ends sweet treats.
7. This will not be the first Open Weekend that Natasha Cadman Photography has captured for us, and we’re really (really, really) hoping it won’t be the last. Be it a wedding, party or any other life-affirming event, Natasha is the kind of person who would be a pleasure to have at your side, the fact that she is super talented and creates the most beautiful images makes her a total must. Natasha will be there at the Open Weekend and will be leaving a selection of her beautiful work for you to see for yourself.
View Rosie & Seb’s full Sperry Tent Wedding Gallery HERE
8. Our beautiful Teepees and stunning Sperry Tents will be calling the idyllic surroundings of Escrick Park Estate home for the weekend of the 13th & 14th October. Complete with an outdoor woodland ceremony area, this is a picture-perfect setting and well worth a visit if you haven’t already booked your venue… and if you have, then come and fall in love with its rural charm and enjoy relaxing in one of Yorkshires finest Estates.
9. Pick up your ultimate Papa Planner! Our much coveted pink Papa Planners are your essential planning tool, the place where you can plan, fantasize and simply muse about your dream weddings and events. All you have to do is call 01904 702100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a time to sit down with one of the team to receive your planner.
10. Meet the PapaKåta Team, we’ll be ready and awaiting your arrival. It really is the best time of the year for us, putting those names to faces and meeting new ones, whilst having the privilege of showing you our show-stopping Teepees and Stunning Sperry Tents. We look forward to walking you through the tents and answering any questions you may have.
We’re sure you’ll love our Teepees and Sperry tents as much as we do and we can’t wait to welcome you over the course of the weekend. We’ll be there between 11 am and 3 pm, appointments are highly recommended for those of you who would like to sit down, chat through your event and have your questions answered, please call 01904 702100 or email email@example.com to book. If you’d prefer to peruse at your leisure, please do just pop in and make yourselves at home. PK x